Gent, 23/10 till 31/10/2017
Academic year 2017-2018
Study load: 3 credits
Weight: 3 ECTS
Total student hours : 81 hours
Organisation of education
Lectures- seminar 8h
Supervised individual work 0h
Selfstudy and/or individual work 10h
With the possibility to join the music events of Film Fest Gent (Film Music Seminar, Industry day and WSA)
This module explores the relation between sound and space in different disciplines.
This course aims to give students an insight in sound within different contexts: performing arts and installation related to an insight in the needed technical skills required by the different contexts. In different framed workshops the students can explore the combination of theory, artistic practice and technical skills in a personal research.
The course focusses on different approaches and concepts of sound and space, sound in space, sound creating space.
Able to implement theoretical and technical input in a personal artistic project.
– An open attitude toward a personal process has to be attained.
– an insight in the needed technical skills for an artistic project or research.
– An insight in sound theory and sound as art within the other art disciplines
– Open to apply new strategies in an creative proces
– Open to expand his artistic practice beyond his own specialism.
– Able to work together
– Able to present your own work in the group.
– Able to evaluate the process and results of an other student
Teaching methods and study guidance
– workshops in group and individual
– peer learning
Permanent evaluation, process evaluation and peer feedback at the end of the module. At the end op the first semester the students present their diary and self-evaluation. The end-competences of this course will be evaluated in relation to the other artistic work of the semester.
There is no possible retake or second examination period.
The students have to be present in the workshops.
The student can use the facilities and resources of the institute.The student has his own computer and external hard disc.