This section explains the requirements for admission to EPAS and the procedures for applying.
Soon we will announce application rounds for the European Postgraduate in Arts in Sound (EPAS) 2022-2023 academic year.
In order to become eligible for the intake interviews, applicants have to complete a pre-registration via https://webreg.hogent.be/ and submit all related application documents before the indicated deadlines.
Application files submitted after the deadline, can only be processed when time allows and without guarantee of successful continuation of the application procedure.
For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Who can apply?
Students wishing to participate in the programme need to have obtained a first cycle degree (Bachelor degree) of at least 180 ECTS in a suitable field of study. The degree must be evaluated by the time the student enrolls to the programme.
The programme requires proficiency in the English language. You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain upper secondary studies in Finland, certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test.
Applicants are selected according to the following criteria:
‐ Artistic talent, motivation and potential for personal development
‐ Relevant research and personal project proposal
‐ Student’s academic history, previous work and activities in the field
‐ Group dynamics and suitability within the field of study
The EPAS selection committee consists of representatives of the consortium. The EPAS Coordinator acts as secretary of the committee.
The application for EPAS is coordinated by KASK and Conservatory / School of Arts Ghent in Belgium. All the documents required in the application process are sent to the coordinating institution.
There are two phases in the application process:
Phase 1: Submitting application documents online;
Phase 2: An interview organised by the selection committee.
Phase 1: Submitting application documents online
You must submit the following documents once you have completed your online application form:
1. Application form – go to https://webreg.hogent.be
2. Motivation letter detailing your expectations and motivation for applying to the programme
3. Project plan for the course
4. A complete curriculum vitae detailing previous education and training, work experience (both paid and voluntary), other part-time courses or training programmes you have completed, other interests, hobbies or pastimes.
5. Certificates and diplomas of previous education (stamped and signed copies)
6. Transcripts of completed courses and academic grades (stamped and signed copies)
7. Proof of English language proficiency; see Language Requirements
8. Photocopy of government issued identity card or passport, or other document of identification (stamped and signed copies)
9. Certificates and description of work placements or professional experience (optional)
10. Portfolio presenting your previous work
Phase 2: Interview
Based on the evaluation of Phase 1 applications, interviews will be arranged by the Selection Committee for selected applicants.
Based on the evaluation of phase 1 applications, interviews will be arranged by the selection committee with selected applicants. Phase 2 interviews will be possible by phone or Skype. Those applicants invited to the interview will be expected to bring along examples of work according to specific instructions provided by the selection committee.
The yearly tuition fee is €6000.
To apply please visit https://www.cognitoforms.com/SchoolOfArtsUniversityCollegeGhent/ApplicationPGEPAS20192020. Once the first application form is registered, you will receive more detailed information in the Application Guidelines.
For an overview of the deadlines, please consult this time schedule.